Fort McKay Arena is located on Fort McKay Road next to the new Youth Centre. The arena has been the location for some special events including:
- Jordin Tootoo Event (May 2014) and Charity game with EX – NHL Aboriginal Players Sandy McCarthy, Chris Simon, Brantt Myhres and Stefan Matteau.
- 3Nolans First Nation Hockey Camp and Coaching Symposium with NHL coach Ted Nolan and his son ex NHL player Brandon Nolan 2018 and 2019.
- Greater Strides First Nation Hockey Camp 2012 and 2013.
- Mark Messier International Hockey School summer of 2019. The Messier Camp has been brought to the region thanks to Fort McKay First Nation and Bouchier Group. The camp is going into its third year.
- Hosted the Alberta Winter Games Speed Skating Competition February 15 to 18 2018.
- Will be the future host of the Arctic Winter Games Speed Skating Competition in 2022.
For more information please contact Simon Adams at (780) 881 9096 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort McKay Arena is the home of the following programs:
- Power Edge Pro (Hockey Academy). Power Edge Pro is the training program Connor McDavid trained on growing up and Community Member BJ Fitzpatrick has the rights to the Wood Buffalo Region to facilitate the Program. PEP (Power Edge Pro has been operating since 2014). PEP runs every Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Ages 6 to 17.
- Learn to Skate Program has been operating since 2013 with lead instructor Casey Howlett volunteering her time in helping our young youth succeed! Learn to Skate runs every Wednesday from 4:30.p.m. to 5:30 p.m. from October to March.
- Power Skating with Athletic Edge runs every Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Ages 5 to 17.
- Adult Shinny Hockey 7 days a week starting at 8 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
- User groups from outside of Fort McKay are welcomed to rent our ice during the Months of September to April.
- We will host birthday parties, family skates, and public skates.